Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 7, 2009

What a crazy few days we have had. JP was home for the weekend and it just seemed to go by too quickly. We actually even got to keep him on Monday :) So that was nice.

Monday night AJ didnt sleep at all. He kept waking up and only slept for about 30-45 minutes at a time. So of course as soon as I would get him back to sleep and then back downstairs to my bed he would be waking up again. Needless to say it was a long night. I thought it was only teething and so I took him to daycare on Tuesday. When I picked him up I didnt notice anything. But by the time we got home he felt a little warm. I thought maybe the sun had been shining on his face so I layed him down for about 20 minutes and when he woke up he was on fire! I took his temperature and he was 101.6 so I called the doctor. She told me to take him to Childrens so I loaded up and went. When we got to Childrens they took us back to triage and started asking questions. Once they found out that JP has been to Texas recently the nurse immediately put face masks on us and moved us to isolation. They had the people from the front desk come back to check us in from our room and when they came in they had gloves, masks, robes - the whole get-up. Finally the doctor came back and apologized for the nurses panicking. If JP wasnt having symptoms then there was no way that AJ could have the swine flu. They finally diagnosed us with a double ear infection and sent us on our way with AJs first round of antibiotics.


I stayed home with him yesterday and tried to get him to feel better. It was a long day but I think that he is finally starting to feel normal. I took him to daycare and to be honest I am waiting on that phone call saying they cant handle his screaming anymore. But hopefully he is better and we can all have a good weekend.


JP will be home tonight - weather permitting and I absolutely cant wait to have him home. He should be home all of next week and I am absolutely ecstatic to have him home. Its been SO long since we have spent any serious amount of time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment