So we went back to the doctor today and I got to take the ohso exciting gestational diabetes test. It really threw my world for a loop. Drinking it wasnt as bad as I was fearing. Everyone had made such a big deal about it that I went into it thinking it was going to be the nastiest thing I have ever put on my lips but in all honesty it wasnt too bad. But a few minutes after I drank it the room started to spin and I started feeling really hot. I felt like I was going to faint … It was the longest hour and when they finally took the blood I was so happy to be getting out of there. We came home and I went straight to bed and woke up with a hangover headache! Yuck, no fun at all. However, the rest of the appointment before that was great. Dr Huffman measured me and everything was measuring like it should. We heard the heartbeat and found out that it is perfectly normal to be feeling the braxton hicks contractions that I have been lately. She got onto me about my weight … But it cracks me up because every doctor and every appointment before this they have been telling me that I havent gained enough. Im still right on track but she is wanting me to watch it more carefully so I can come out of this with as little weight gain as possible. I told JP that even though they said that - if I ask for cake at 11 o’clock at night he still has to go get it!
We are going to start our registry in the next few weeks. Life has been crazy and we just havent had a minute to do it. And it seems like the next few weekends are already packed wtih football starting!
And trust me, I have never been dreading football season. But this year its going to be so difficult. I am so used to going out and being able to stay up all night for games. But this year its going to be difficult. I am used to my weekends being nothing but football and this year and all of the years to come its going to be a little different! Im excited nonetheless… Except everyone is convinced I am going to put myself into labor because of it!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment