When I think about the past year I cant even believe how much has happened. I married the man of my dreams in a not-so-perfect, but at the same time oh-so-perfect wedding. We spent an amazing week together in Pensacola and just enjoyed being with each other. We spent hours on hours just talking and being together. I can definitely say that I fell in love all over again that week. We then came home to what I think I can honestly say was the biggest shock of both of our lives. We were pregnant and terrified. It was something that neither of us expected. It took a few days/weeks to get settled into the idea, but we did and we went forward full steam. We spent the next few months planning, worrying, stressing, but all the while still growing in our relationship together. We had to adjust to all of the changes and yes there were a few bumps and fights along the way, but we still managed to learn new things about each other and stay committed.
I can honestly say that I am so happy about how things went this year. We spent a lot of time going through changes and learning about each other but in all of that we managed to keep our relationship strong. We really have something different. We really have this level of committment that I cant even begin to describe. There is no question. No matter how hard things have gotten neither of us has ever considered jumping ship. This is our life, we are just going to find a way to make it work.
We are about 3 1/2 months away from our anniversary and people always say that it is the first year that is the hardest. And they also say that money is the number one problem in marriage and the number one cause of divorce. He and I have had a very challenging year when it comes to just about every aspect. When I think about the past year I dont think about the hard challenging things. I think about the good things, because the good things are so much more important to me and they overpower all of the rest.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment