has finally arrived!
I cant believe it - all the months of thinking, praying, planning, worrying - its all over. He is here. Well maybe all of those feelings arent gone, they are just different prayers, different plans, different worries, etc.
Going to bed on Sunday night was hard. I felt like there was still so much to do and I was just too anxious to go to bed. I finally went to bed around 10 and actually fell asleep pretty easily. We had talked about me taking some Tylenol PM to fall asleep but I just felt funny taking that and then going under anesthesia the next day so I didnt take it. I fell asleep pretty easily, all things considered. JP didnt fare so well. I woke up and 1 and he was still watching TV. I made him turn it off and he apparently just tossed and turned all night. I woke up at 4:10AM and did my best to stay in bed until it was time to get up. The alarm finally went off and I jumped into the shower. We got out of the house on time and went to the hospital. They got us in and hooked me up to the machines. I was having some contractions even though I didnt feel them. It felt like we were in that room for a million years. My parents showed up and spent some time with us and then they got kicked out so that JPs parents could come in. They finally kicked everyone out and got JP dressed to go the OR. We walked down to the OR and then they took me in. They didnt let JP go with me and that really freaked me out. There is definitely a reason why you are usually knocked out when you are in an operating room. Its really nerve-wracking. I was a complete mess. It took them a few tries to get my spinal in because I was so anxious I kept jumping each time he tried to stick me. They finally got that in and then let JP in. The doctor was late and let me tell you - that just adds to the anxiousness. But he finally came in and went to work. I just laid there and kept praying everything would be okay. It seems like it takes forever, I know it doesnt, but good gracious does it seem like it does. AJ was pretty stuck and the doctor had a little bit of an issue getting him out. He kept pulling and poking and prodding and pushing. AJ was double footling breech. Dr Windom said he was pretty stuck and that there was no way we could have done a vaginal delivery and there was also no way he was going to turn. They got him out and went to clean him up. They were cleaning him up just over JPs shoulder but he wouldnt look because he wanted us to both see him at the same time. They finally brought him over and I cant even begin to describe that moment. To see something so perfect and to know that we made him … I cant begin to describe it. He was perfect. Absolutely perfect.
They finished with me and took us to Recovery. They bathed him and brought him back to me to feed him.
He really was so perfect - he was handsome, small, perfect, and perfect. I still cant believe that we made him. I dont believe that they allowed us to take him home. I cant believe that our love made something so amazing.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment