Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 8, 2008

AJ is going to be here in NO time! I am absolutely shocked that we are already to the end of this. We went to the doctor on Friday for our weekly appointment and AJ is still breech. At this point the doctors dont believe that he will be able to turn, or even that the procedure to turn him will work. They are saying that we need to go ahead and pick a date to schedule the CSection. We still have an appointment to meet with the specialists for the consultation on turning him. My doctor has a experience in doing the procedure and he tried to turn him a little bit while we were in the office and AJ wouldnt budge. He believes that I dont have enough amniotic fluid and that AJ has gotten to big at this point to have enouogh room. (He is between 6 and 7 lbs and should be between 7 and 8 when I deliver!!)
JP and I have talked about it a lot and of course we want the safest delivery for AJ but there are risks no matter which way we go at this point. We have both pretty much decided that we are just going to schedule the CSection but we are still going to hear out the specialist. I dont think it will be anything more than a consultation but I cant just not see what they have to say. If we schedule we are leaning to the Friday after Thanksgiving. They want us to schedule for a little bit before our due date so that I dont actually going into labor. They are afraid that the little cues that he will get when my body goes into labor will stress him because he wont be able to turn and go down the way his body will be telling him too. I am calling on Monday to see if we can get scheduled that day. I really hope so, Im not sure why, but I am just drawn to that day and have been for a long time. Actually even before we knew that he was breech I was hoping and praying he would come that day.
We have so much that we still need to get done and truly have almost no time to accomplish it. We are short staffed at work and my job isnt something that can be ignored for a few weeks until I get back. Its going to be a burden on everyone else to make sure that it gets accomplished. I really want to be there as long as I can. And with a scheduled CSection about a week before my due date I am hoping that my body can hold out and work up until. Our weekends seem packed and we have SO much to get done! I am really starting to get into a planning mode where I want everything cleaned up and organized so that when he gets here things arent as chaotic! Ha Im not sure that is something that can be accomplished but I want to plan and do my best to at least help the situation.
I am a little worried about JP being in the operating room for a CSection. He really struggles with hospitals and I cant imagine how he will be inside an operating room. I have been worried just about him being in the labor and delivery room. We are going to talk to the doctors about getting him some medication to help calm him. I dont know if they will help but we at least have to have a plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment