Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Today I felt VERY VERY pregnant for some reason. I woke up this morning with this horrible headache and all I wanted to do was take a handful of tylenol. I know I am allowed to take some tylenol but I just feel so bad and so guilty that it is actually worse than just suffering through the headache … So I didnt take anything. I am also starting to get to the point where my stomach is getting smushed and if I eat three bites I feel stuffed and uncomfortable. Meanwhile I am actually starving. Its the weirdest feeling. AND my feet were a little swollen. So needless to say today I FELT pregnant.
I also got several comments from coworkers that my belly looked different. Over the past few days I have noticed that my body has really changed. I got really wide for a few weeks and even to the point where JP said something about how much wider I looked. But then all of the sudden I am suddenly not looking as wide as I was and its like all of the extra I had on the sides just stretched and popped out on my belly. Its much rounder and I look smaller if you just look straight at me. However - if you look at my profile I am obviously pregnant.
I am starting to feel the baby move. I think I have been feeling the baby move for a few weeks and just didnt know what it was. While we were at the beach with his family I kept feeling things but I was just so scared that I was overthinking it that I didnt really say anything. I finally said something to Angela and she started trying to explain it to me. The feeling is getting stronger and more frequent so I know that that is what it is. It really is the coolest thing. And it just completely catches you off guard. It happens in those moments where I am distracted and stressed and thinking about a million other things and then I get this little sensation that reminds me of what I am really doing right now … Growing our baby. Its a feeling that I cant even begin to put into words. Your heart skips and your breath seems to disappear … And all because of this little fluttering sensation. Its amazing. Its so easy to forget and not think about just what all my body is doing. My body is literally growing this person. My body is doing such complex things and its doing it all without any thought or action from me. So incredible.
I really am getting more and more excited. At the beginning so many of the feelings were more apprehensive than excited. But on the 4th a friend of JPs brought her 7 wk old baby boy. Of course everyone wanted me to hold him and I got him in my arms and he immediately fell asleep. I held him for a good 30 or 45 minutes and it felt so good. But at the same time it made me so anxious and excited to see what our little boy looks like, what he smells like, the faces he will make, etc. Seeing me with a baby-baby like that was interesting for JP. It took him a minute and I could see in his face that it became more real for him. We really are about to do this. We are really about to have a baby and about to become parents. Obviously this wasnt planned for us, but as we get closer and closer to this I see that God really did know what he was doing (as if there are times when He doesnt ) I never in a million years would have started our marriage with the stress of pregnancy and a newborn but I believe that God did this on purpose and that we will absolute not only last through this but come out stronger.
I will never forget. Right after we found out and I was still in complete shock JP came home one night and said you know - God knew that we had too much love for just the two of us so he is giving us someone to share that love with. Its funny how he said that months ago and I honestly forgot that he had said it. But over the last week it keeps popping into my head. This pregnancy is almost half way over. We are at 18 and a half weeks. Its going to be over before I know it. I am doing my best to cherish this time and enjoy it before he is here and then I get to start cherishing and enjoying a whole new era in our lives. I cant wait …

No comments:

Post a Comment