Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008


Okay - what a few days we have had. Getting back from the honeymoon was quite an adjustment. I wasnt quite ready to share JP with the rest of the world. On the honeymoon I wasnt quite feeling myself. I kept getting nauseous and not feeling all that good. We made it through the trip and got home. On Sunday night we made brownies and drank milk. And for anyone who knows me knows I havent drank milk in almost 6 years. JP asked me to take a pregnancy test the next morning. I did it to appease him and sure enough - there it was - we were pregnant! I called him and told him I took the test - he didnt need much more than that. I went to the store and got a few more tests and sure enough they all came back positive. I made an appointment with my PCP for that afternoon and JP went with me. They did a urine and blood test and set up an appointment for me at an OB/GYN. The appointment wasnt until the next week and that just wasnt good enough for JP … So he called the doctors office and convinced them to work us in on Thursday of that week. We were worried that the pregnancy might be in my fallopian tubes or even that it wasnt a true pregnancy. With my Poly-cystic the cysts can sometimes create the pregnancy hormone also. We went to the doctors together on Thursday and they were actually able to get us in pretty quickly. They did another urine test and an ultrasound. We were able to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. It was quite a moment - definitely a mix of emotions. Happy, scared, excited, terrified. She measured the baby and the heartbeat. The baby measured to be 6 weeks and 6 days. The heartbeat was at 102 bpm. The doctor was a little concerned about the heartbeat and felt like it was a little slow. She decided to be proactive about 2 different things that might be happening to cause the slow heartbeat. The first is that she thinks my immune system might be attacking the baby so she put me on a baby aspirin everyday. She is also afraid that my body may not be producing enough progesterone so she put me on some medicine for that also. She also started me on prenatal vitamins.
We go back to the doctor on Monday for another ultrasound to see and hear the baby again. She said that it might have been that the heart had just started beating the day before and that may be why it is slow. So that is why we have to go back and look at everything again. We are insanely nervous and excited and scared … Just waiting to find out something …
The picture is me at 7 weeks …

No comments:

Post a Comment