My goodness has time flown by ...
AJ has done pretty good adjusting to being the big brother. He is usually pretty oblivious to him and just keeps on about his day - including the rough housing on the bed and couch. We have to constantly remind him that his brother is close by and he needs to be careful. He does always make sure that we know Colton is crying though! He has struggled with not having Mommy and Daddy immediately available when he wants or needs something but we are starting to find ways that he can be more independent and ways for us to multi-task to make sure we are still there for him as quickly as possible.
Every day I am absolutely floored at just how blessed JP and I are with these two little boys. They are beyond precious and each day I just want to grab them up and cuddle them and never let them go. I will say that going back and forth between Colton and AJ makes me realize just how quickly they grow up and change. There are times when I am holding Colton and I have a flashback to holding AJ - and then AJ needs me to pick him up and hold him and I realize that it really is that fast. You blink your eye and suddenly your brand new baby boy that is only a few days old is a 2-1/2 year old who is constantly telling you "No! I do it!" and trying to master all of the tasks that you have done for him his whole life. I used to worry that by having a second baby I would be missing out on things with AJ because I would be busy with the second one or too tired to spend the quality time with him but in all honesty I believe it has made me cherish AJ that much more. I spend each day trying to find ways to make sure that they both know just how much I love them and that each of their needs are met.




No comments:
Post a Comment