2010 is coming to a close and this year has gone by faster than any other year I can recall. I have heard that now that we have kids the years are just going to keep going faster and faster each year. That is something that I just refuse to believe. I am determined to find a way to slow the time down :)
2010 was a very difficult year for us. And to be honest, with the exepction of how quickly AJ has grown and changed I am okay that this year went fast. I dont know that we would have survived had it drawn on and on. So many times this year it felt like we were turning into vampires because of the dark tunnel that we were living in. At times it truly felt that there was no light and that we were going to live out our days in the darkness. There were times where I just wasnt sure that we would make it out on the other side. We struggled, we learned new ways to cope and day in and day out we were forced to tie a new knot and pray and we could keep holding onto the rope until we finally found ground again. I remember when 2010 started I truly believed that this year would be our year and that we would be able to do something great with it. Instead we spent most of the year giving up most of the things that we at one time treasured. I guess in some ways you could say that we did something great with the year though. We survived it - all of us. We not only all survived but our family stayed in-tact and to honest we are a much stronger family unit than we were when we started it. Yes, there were some moments where one of us would be on the verge of giving up but we would always somehow find the strength to keep things together. I have said it a million times this year, but I am beyond proud of how my husband handled the past year. I know that for him this past year was the most difficult. I know that there were many moments where he felt completely discouraged and wanted nothing more than to curl up and disappear. But he kept at it, he kept trying to find ways to help bring money in and kept looking for jobs, he kept finding the good in things and kept a positive attitude. He perservered in a way that I am absolutely impressed by. He held it together and continued to keep putting one foot in front of the other even in the most discouraging of times. He showed such strength and perserverance that all I can do is be awed by the man that he was for our family this year.
Fortunately this year is ending with a light at the end of the tunnel. We are more than half way through this pregnancy with our second little boy (John Doe or JD for now until we can decide on a name :)) who so far is perfectly healthy, we have a toddler who at times can be a challenge but is still the greatest joy we have had over the last year and who continues to amaze us each and every day with all that he is learning, JP and I are holding strong to the relationship that we have built and we continue to put each other first each day and make our marriage a priority and I can now say that we are both employed and looking forward to the future and what it may bring to our little family.
As we prepare to enter 2011 all I can do is say a prayer that this new year will be a great year, that this will be one of the years that we look back on for the rest of our lives and know that this was the year that we settled into "normalcy." We have learned so much over the last year that I pray that we never forget all of the lessons we have learned about what is truly important - our love, our children and our TIME together.
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment