Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Well its official ... AJ is a whole year old ...

I know I have said it a thousand times, but HOW DID WE GET HERE SO QUICKLY??

He is such a sweet thing and has really started to come into his own in the last week. Maybe it is my imagination but I believe that the boy has just gotten so much more independence and personality this week. He has been nothing but smiles.

His actual birthday was on Tuesday. JP and I got up and went to wake him up. We walked into his room sining Happy Birthday and he jumped up and gave us the BIGGEST cheesiest grim he could have. And then it was like he knew what we were singing because he bashfully put his head in his pillow. SO precious!





I had to go to work but JP kept him home from daycare and they had a good day full of father-son bonding time.

We took him to dinner at O'Charley's that night. It was yummy and he did really good eating off of my plate. This is the first time in MONTHS that just the three of us had gone out to eat. He had gotten to be such a handful that we just quit trying. He did so good this time, so hopefully that means that we can do that a little more often.



We went home and he opened the presents that we got him. He was really afraid to tear the paper at first but once he realized that he wasnt going to hear "no" this time he really tore into it. {I am secretly hoping that this is good practice for Christmas and that he will be really good on Christmas morning}



And then it was time for cake ... I tried to be a good mom and put the "real" cake off until his party so I made him a Bannana/Apple cake and put real cream cheese frosting on it. The cake turned out a lot more like Bannana Bread but he tore into it pretty good. He was a little freaked out about the mess on his hands at first, but the sugar in the icing won and he kept digging in :)





And when it was all said and done, the boy was WORN out! We took a quick bath and then off to bed.






His party was this weekend but I dont have any pictures uploaded yet so I will wait for that post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment