Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, December 18, 2009

The last few weeks I have really been thinking about what our life was like a year ago compared to where we are now. I remember those last few days before AJ was born and all of the excitement, anticipation, nervousness, and fear that we were feeling. Then I think about what those first few weeks were like once he was here. I honestly don't remember much about Christmas last year. I think we were still in the new parent daze ... The things I do remember is how cuddly he was and how he isnt as cuddly now. I think about how we could just sit on the couch for hours with him in our arms just cuddled up. I dont think I could even get a full 3 minutes of cuddles out of him now. I think about how he purred when he would sleep when he was little-little. I remember how the newborn clothes seemed big on him back then and how the 18 month clothes are already starting to look small now. I think about the daze and the lack of sleep and how that feeling has come and gone over the last year. I remember before AJ when our lack of sleep was our own fault and how now sometimes we have a little man who wakes up and needs his mommy or his daddy in the middle of the night. I look back at pictures and I cant believe how much he has changed. We watch videos of him and the videos from December of last year are silent except for maybe some hiccups and the videos from this December are full of babble, excited screams and toys crashing as he knocks them over for fun. I look at that little boy playing on the floor with his daddy and I wonder how in the world I got lucky enough to get such amazing boys to share my life with!

No comments:

Post a Comment